Monday, April 8, 2013

"Not Always Rainbows and Butterflies"

I arrived home today just as Joss was waking from a two hour nap. In the fairy tale world of a working mother, her daughter would smile, coo, and in Joss' case climb toward her momma, which in all fairness, she usually does. Today on the other hand, was not a fairy tale moment! Instead of coos and smiles, I received a mean mug and a tantrum when I went to change her diaper. Welcome home Momma!

My happy-go-lucky baby has her moments! Lately she has a complete Elliott fit when ever it is time for a diaper change. She squirms and worms and I swear capturing a mosquito with a tooth pick would be an easier feat!

In the words of Maroon 5, "It's not always rainbows and butterflies, it's compromise. It moves is along."

So begins a lifetime of compromise and many versions of the fairy tale!



No comments:

Post a Comment