Sunday, April 7, 2013

Catching Up part II

It is impossible to fill in all the wondrous milestones of Josslyn's life. Trying to reflect on the past months of her life has really helped me to see the value in consistent blogging. 6 months was a very busy month. Baby girl and I experienced our first Christmas together. She loved being around family and friends and looked so cute in her borrowed Christmas dress.
I left her for two nights to go to Dallas Tx for a training. Though I missed her like crazy, I knew she was in good hands! Grammy dotes on her! She began to really get mobile with rolling and crawling! Looking back it makes me laugh that I was actually worried about delayed motor development. Once she became mobile, I realized just how determined and how strong my little bean is!

Our first Thanksgiving was at 5 months. She was so fussy on turkey day. We went to my brothers girlfriend's house for dinner and she had one of the only real meltdowns I've seen her have. I think she was teething and over tired. She did love the mash potatoes though! And I looked at my pretty baby and truly felt thankful and blessed!

4 months brought the farm for the first time with the twins and James. Oh yeah, Aunt Amy was there, too :). She held a baby chicken and swear I heard her cluck:)

She experienced her first Halloween. She was the sweetest ghost! She flew on an airplane to Maine for the second time in her life. She was the perfect little traveler. She slept most of the trip, there and back. Grammy was a huge help as always!

She began to eat cereal and fell in love with food!


During the third month of her life momma spent a lot of time worried about Josslyn's development. I wanted to make sure she smiled, made eye contact. I was worried because she wasn't rolling and wanted to make sure she got enough tummy time. It is so funny to me now that I worried so much about my healthy, energetic, advanced Super Girl! Josslyn mostly took in the debates with Mommy and learned that she too, was liberal :)

She took her first airplane trip to Maine to visit Grampy in the hospital when she was 2 months old. Accompanied by Uncle Troy, she took Maine by storm. She was a great little traveler and it was so nice for her to meet her Grampy and relatives!
She also began to really sleep almost 12 hours a night! Thank God for baby wise!

This is my sad attempt to record all that I didn't share about her life with the blogging World. I know I missed so much of the subtle daily changes of this miracle child's life. But even though I failed to express her impact in words, she has imprinted my heart each day with all that she is and all that she brings to my life. And you only need to know me to know that I am forever better because of her.






























No comments:

Post a Comment