Monday, July 23, 2012

Freeze Frame

My baby girl is almost 5 weeks old. She is growing out of newborn sizes and I cried tonight when I looked at her newborn pictures from the hospital. Is this how time will be measured from now on? Will the moments just flash by? Oh, how I wish I had a freeze button to capture my time with Joss. I waited so patiently for her and now I just want everything to slow down.We are working on a feed and eat schedule. This beautiful child of mine is so unpredictable. I already see that she bucks systems. It's fair to say she comes by that honestly. But I will continue to try to get her on a schedule because it is what's best for her. It is what's best for me. It is what is best for us. Right now she often stays up longer than she should after feeding, or falls asleep too soon and wakes too soon before her next feeding. She rarely goes down at 7 and sometimes will go a 6 hr stretch in the night and other times wakes every 3 hours to feed. With every move, she wants to be in charge. I fear there will be years of this power struggle. Im sure those moments are the ones I'll wish I could fast forward.Schedule or not, we are finding our groove. We are blending into each other. I love being Josslyn's mom. And I know this is a feeling that will be frozen into existence as long as I breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment