Friday, March 23, 2012

Nesting

I have had such tremendous anxiety about Josslyn's nursery not being completed by the time she arrives.  I think one of the greatest pitfalls of being pregnancy is loss of independence that occurs as pregnancy limits your mobility.  I have to depend on others to move heavy things, lift, or climb.  Thank God my older brother is around and has agreed to help decorate her nursery.  And though his sense of urgency to complete the task is far, far less than mine, he takes such great care in the work that he does do.  So far he has painted the walls and created a beautiful mural of tree on the wall where her crib will go.  I am beyond happy with the results.  It looks beautiful.  Now, we just have to get the room cleared out, the nursery furniture painted and rearranged in the room.  Though progress has been made, the remaining job has me so nervous!  I just want it done already!  In my mind, a complete room symbolizes that I am ready for her.  It means there is a place in my life waiting that is all hers.  A place where she can feel safe, grow, and be nurtured.  Who knew a room could say so much?



No comments:

Post a Comment