Thursday, November 28, 2013

Rose Colored Glasses

 It's funny how after you have a child
you begin to experience everything through her eyes.  It's as if you suddenly have a filter over your eyes, seeing life sharper and softer both at the same time.  

I just experienced my second thanksgiving as a mom.  My first without my father.  Gratitude took on a entirely new meaning.  I am so thankful to have had a father who loved me unconditionally.   I am so immensely blessed to be able to love my daughter unconditionally.  To love and be loved.  There really is nothing else that matters.

Josslyn did great over the holiday.  She had a blast exploring at Aunt Jill's and as always felt right at ease at Aunt Amy's and Uncle Tony's.  The food was delicious and the company was home.

It is a a humbling thing to see the world through happiness and gratitude.  Thank you Daddy and Josslyn for that filter.



No comments:

Post a Comment