Monday, July 15, 2013

Tides and Ties

We laid my Aunt Salley to rest yesterday. It was a bitter-sweet day seeing family members and saying good-bye to my father's oldest sister.  I am so happy that my Aunt was able to meet Josslyn.  She showed my baby girl so much love and for that I will always feel connected to her.

After the burial, we headed down the coast of Maine so Josslyn could experience the frigid coastal waters!  It was her first time at the ocean and she loved it!  We had a fish fry on the water and enjoyed a gorgeous day.  I am comforted that as I say good bye to a huge part of my Maine ties, I am building new connections to this beautiful state with my daughter.  She will know and feel that Maine runs through her blood, as does my father, my aunt, and all our other Elliott and Salley ancestors.  




No comments:

Post a Comment