Saturday, June 29, 2013

Mileage

What an extremely busy week we have had!  I have not been diligent about blogging this month because we have been too busy living!

Last Saturday, on the 22nd Joss had her first birthday party.  She loves the attention and all the company!  We ate yummy pizza and Jossy tore up her smash cake!  She got some great presents and was the perfect little guest of honor.  I can't believe my baby girl crossed another milestone.  

Last Sunday we set out to drive across the country to Maine.  We left at 12 and made it as farm as Florence, South Carolina.  The first day was a little rough on Josslyn because she hates to sit for a long period of time.  Thank God for the portable DVD player.

The second day of driving, we drove to Hersey, PA.  Joss was excellent and made the travel very easy.  She did however have a difficult time falling asleep in the hotel.  I feel badly because she mostly ate junky food on the trip.  She didn't complain.

The third day we made it to Gilmanton, NH.  Joss met her Auntie and Uncle Billy for the first time.  They both spoiled her rotten, including hosting 3rd birthday festivities!  It had been 17 years since I saw my Auntie.  Way too long.  But we quickly fell into the ease that come from love and being family.  We stayed 3 days and had such a fun and relaxing visit.

Yesterday, we made the last 7 hour drive to Maine.  Again, I couldn't have asked her a better behaved baby.  We are settling in to Grammy and Grampy's house and really feeling the loss of Grampy.  He is loved, missed, and remembered.  We will spend the next 3 weeks breathing in the fresh Maine air and exploring a little nature.

In the hush of the cool and damp night, I am listening to my baby girl sleep deeply and peacefully.  This is the feeling I want to hold onto.  I am so happy that I get to share the serenity of my childhood home with Joss.  I hope it shapes her and that she always carries the calm of this rural treasure with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment