Monday, May 20, 2013

"Do not go gentle..."

Josslyn is 11 months old today.  She embraced the morning with a smile and said good bye to the day with a series of tortured wallows.  That seems to be the phase we are into these days.  My sweet adapting baby does not go gentle into that good night.  Eventually, she cries herself to sleep, but my heart breaks at how upset she is when it's time for bed.  She's exhausted, but so determined to let me and the Universe know that she does not want to close her eyes just yet.  I have never been one that has had trouble finding my voice, and it's apparent, my daughter doesn't either!  I take pride in the fact that I'm able to let her cry it out because my heart wants to just pick her up and give in to take away her sorrow.  Luckily, my head and momma voice tell me that I need to be strong because my daughter needs sleep and this is what is best for her.  Knowing that I am able to balance my desire to nurture and my need to set boundaries gives me hope that I might get this mom gig right every now and then!  As all Mommas know, there is nothing in the World that makes you feel more insecure and vulnerable than being a mother.  I will take every little triumph I can get.
 
Dream big my little 11 month old.  I hope you always find your voice and never give in too easily!

No comments:

Post a Comment